As an animal protein professional working for poultry or pigs, you are facing many - and sometimes contradictory - challenges. Think about changing consumer preferences, quality requirements and price pressure, business needs, animal health issues, sustainability trends, governmental rules & regulations, ...
In this blogpost you find an overview of some actual trends & challenges in our industry
In fact, animal protein production is a balancing act. You constantly have to balance feed cost and animal productivity. As a nutritionist, you are concerned with the right feed formula but you also contribute to achieve a ‘healthy’ business - by keeping the cost under control. As a feed mill professional, you face the daily challenge of milling and mixing a series of feed formulas in a few minutes per batch. Efficiency is crucial for your profitability.
How to enhance your profitability?
Feed cost is the most important production cost. It’s key to animal performance and crucial for a profitable business. But feed raw materials are prone to price and quality fluctuations.
Keeping the cost under control and getting the most out of the feed budget is the objective.
Increasing the feed efficiency (or: lowering the feed conversion ratio) is an important way to more profitability. It’s all about optimizing the performance.
As a commercial feed mill, more meat and eggs of a higher quality boosts your competitiveness on the market. As an integrated chain, more and better meat and eggs directly add to your profit.
In which direction you can find the solution?
Years of scientific research and field experience have shown that improving the digestion and absorption of nutrients is key. An improved nutrient absorption helps the animal to perform better. It also contributes to more feed efficiency in a healthy and sustainable way.
In March 2019, Kemin discussed recent insights on efficient nutrient absorption during the KemInsight conference.
How to enhance nutrient absorption?
How to improve the digestion and the nutrient absorption of monogastrics?
LYSOFORTE® EXTEND is the answer.
It is a versatile nutritional tool, especially designed to enhance the absorption of nutrients. LYSOFORTE EXTEND can be administered across all diets of monogastrics such as poultry and pigs, in all production stages.
How exactly does LYSOFORTE EXTEND work?
LYSOFORTE EXTEND is a patented nutritional tool that delivers more efficient nutrient absorption through a multi-level synergistic mode of action.
- By removal of the fat matrix, LYSOFORTE EXTEND improves the accessibility for digestive enzymes to other nutrients, such as fibers and proteins.
In this video you can see how it contributes to the degradation of the fat matrix
- Through a direct impact on membrane fluidity and protein channel formation, LYSOFORTE EXTEND increases the absorption of nutrients across the enterocyte membrane.
- By stimulating gene expression related to collagen expression, LYSOFORTE EXTEND enhances villi formation, gut integrity and strength.
LYSOFORTE EXTEND benefits in a nutshell
By enhancing the nutrient absorption, LYSOFORTE EXTEND improves animal performance and meat & egg production. This improvement is considerable, both on a qualitative and quantitative level.
At the same time, it improves feed efficiency through a more efficient use of nutrients.
You can add it ‘on top’ of the existing formulation to enjoy the benefits and ROI. But it also allows reformulating diets at a lower cost without compromising animal performance. Alternative feed raw materials can be used efficiently.
A more sustainable production
From an ecological point of view, nutrients that are not absorbed by the animal are excreted and thus lose their nutritional value as dietary components. A nutritional tool such as LYSOFORTE EXTEND increases nutrient digestibility and absorption and is therefore an important tool to continue the efforts for improved sustainable animal production.
A wide array of benefits
Specifically for poultry, LYSOFORTE EXTEND:
- supports young birds’ performance, providing a stronger start.
- increases average daily body weight gain.
- reduces feed conversion ratio (FCR).
- improves meat quality & reduces abdominal fat.
- increases carcass yield.
- improves egg production due to better absorption of fat-soluble vitamins e.g. vitamin E.
- improves hatchability and fertility.
- increases egg size and better commercial classification of the eggs, due to a better absorption of fatty acids such as linoleic acid.
- improves yolk pigmentation, thus reducing the cost of adding pigments to the feed
- reduces feed costs per body weight gain or per egg
How does enhancing the profitability work in practice?
Dr. F. Lombardini, poultry expert, in a recent interview >
As for pigs, LYSOFORTE EXTEND:
- increases milk production in sows.
- increases average body weight of the litter at weaning.
- improves litter homogeneity.
- reduces the number of non-productive days in sow by reduction of backfat loss.
- improves growth and feed conversion in piglets.
- increases average daily body weight gain.
- improves loin thickness and carcass quality.
- improves efficiency and homogeneous farming.
- reduces feed costs per body weight gain.